Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Self covered buttons for vogue 2960

For any 'easy' dress, this pattern is taken so much time!

This took an hour last night.  And boy did my hand hurt after the end of it.  These were crappy plastic buttons where you push a plug over the shank.  You have to push REALLY HARD.

All nine button holes are done now too, as is the waist grosgrain stay.  The lining is tacked over the stay and now needs to be hand stitched into place.

Then I just have to sew the buttons on and hem it.

The light at the end of the tunnel at last!

l
x

3 comments:

  1. Lovely buttons-your dress will be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I haven't commented before - I'm really looking forward to seeing this made up! I think the muslin version fit beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great fabric and you look amazing in your new dress in the last post!

    ReplyDelete