Wednesday, October 13, 2010

New Look 6891 - what was I thinking with that fabric?

Cute top.

A pretty easy project made difficult by cheap slippery fabric.  There is a centre back seam and a centre front seam in the pattern.  I eliminated them.  I just winged it with the amount of gather at the front.  So instead of the binding extending out and tying a bow, I just sewed a faux bow on top.    Life is too short to fiddle around with a top such as this.

Question:  Can I be seen in public wearing this ?
As long as I don't wear a matching skirt and yellow shoes perhaps.

I mean one has to have a certain amount of street cred.

lore
x

5 comments:

  1. Ofcourse you can wear it in public. I think it's a fun, bright an cute top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great, I would definitely wear it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's 3 votes for wearing it out, so I will make it 4. Great
    J

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It reminds me of something from Boden. You should definitely wear it in public--perhaps avoiding yellow pumps would be wise, though...;)

    ReplyDelete