Anyway, I know you're dying to see it. So without further ado, I present to you Vogue 2960...
And in other exciting news, I joined the knit along from Bea at Butterflies and Hurricanes, because I think that it will look awesome with this dress.
Also, the beautiful blogger baton has been passed to me from Rachel, you've done this to me before! But I can't resist a challenge. So. Ten. Things. You. Don't. Know. About. Me.
1. I work in the world of intellectual property and trade marks for a major corporation. Although its a fabulous job and I love it, its opposed to my idealistic nature. I'm much more of an 'open source' girl ! I try to buck the system in every other way. But as an up side, because I search the internet for a living I am the absolute undisputed google queen of everything. If it can be googled, I'll find it. And you know I'm using the google trade mark as a verb which is a big no-no in the world of trade marks. Hah. See, its just me bucking the system.
|More my style. Naomi Klein.|
2. I was vegan for a while but I found it a little hard going. I try to keep to it when I can but I do make the best vegan bikkies and cupcakes in the universe (and this has been assertion has been supported by grateful recipients of my baked goods), thanks to Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World and Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar. Even for non vegans, these books teach you the basics of cooking and give you a good understanding of how food works, you know, eggs bind, so to cook without eggs... etc etc. And they are funny books. I can read them like novels!
3. I stave off alzheimers doing cryptic crosswords. They're totally addictive once you get the hang of them. Half of the reason I have a mobile phone is so that I can text my friend who also does them and get answers to clues I can't solve. We are the yin to each other's yang, and she gets ones I don't get and vice versa. We do the Saturday crossword together and woe betide any activity that gets in the way of Saturday's mental gymnastics!
4. After reading this fabulous post by pottymouthmama Is Brazil Better Than The Bush I have to declare that although I've been to Brazil once, I'm definitely in the well groomed bush brigade .
5. I'm middle to high brow with my literature, but I like my comedy cheap and nasty. Bring it on Austin Powers. Tropic Thunder? Zoolander? I love those movies. I can watch them over and over. Oh hang on, I do watch them over and over.
6. I have a black cat and she's named (very un-originally) Slinky Malinki. To those non antipodeans out there, Lynley Dodd's Hairy MacLary and Slinky Malinki are bedtime reading in every toddler's household. They are adorable books with great artwork and fabulous rhymes. Anyway here's my Slinky who happens to be female rather than the male of the books:
|Doing a LOLcat monorail cat impression|
|Or just sitting on a handbag.|
7. My favourite lunchtime meal is either crispy bean curd or noodle satay sauce from Peace Harmony. If you are in Sydney I invite you to join me there. Its too divine for words! They are on speed dial on my phone at work and they know my name. 'Hi, its Lore here, can I order a takeaway...?'
8. I just spent an insane amount of money on a vacuum cleaner and bought a Dyson. I'm thinking that with age comes the wisdom to buy quality.
9. I love Kate Miller-Heidke. Big time. And on last Sunday we heard her rehearsing for a show at the Enmore Theatre. We were just walking past and I quipped that she might be in there because they had a gig that evening, and - lo - I could hear her singing inside. We stuck around for 5 minutes and called 'love you kate' through the doors. How close am I to her? Practically best buddies. A bit of blue language in this video but typifies Kate. Her gorgeous voice and beauty and sense of humour. Honestly. I love her.
and number 10 ?
hmm. can't think of another one. That's gotta be enough for me.
Over and out.