Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pfaff 260 perserverence pays off

When I bought my Pfaff 260 a year ago it only came with two feet.  The standard foot and what I thought was the zipper foot. 
I've had a search on ebay for pfaff 260 since then and just was usually bombarded with listings that never came up with the goods.  Coincidence listings, you know?

Anyway after one whole year a listing came up with feet, an instruction manual and the wheel for decorative stitches.  I nabbed them for $40.

It turns out my zipper foot was actually an edge stitch foot so now I have a real zip foot.

How fabulous is that haul?   I already had a manual but looking through the one from ebay, it was from an earlier machine and made interesting reading.   I loved this bit:

I know I'll never use all these feet, but I feel good that they've got together with my machine.  I'm sure they're very happy to be living together.

Even though it looks like the ones I got came from 1958 and my machine is (I'm pretty sure) 1965.  Its like the older sister coming back home!


lore
x

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I've never commented before but I just wanted to say I love to see a beautiful old machine being loved and accessorised! Enjoy all your new treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh! lucky you! you have all those accesories!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lora, I am passing through having spotted your 260! I inherited my mother's (in a maple sewing cabinet) and love the speed and how smoothly it runs. The embroidery cams no longer functioned, however. After several newer model machines and no success at finding an equally solid, speedy experience I am back to my 260. Picked up another on ebay whose embroidery works but it is otherwise not in as good condition. Hopefully my pfaff repair dude is, even as I write, stripping the pickup for parts. End goal: upgrade the best machine I have ever owned and sell remaining pieces, parts, attachments etc. to cover the cost. Have I mentioned I love the 260? & Lora, open the door and send out a hello to Keith who is in Sydney somewhere for one more day before returning to Ohio, USA. Thanks, Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Priscilla. We should start a fan club! I agree, this machine is the bee's knees. Good luck with the restoration of your mum's machine. And Hi Keith, hope you had a great time in Aust.
    love
    lore
    x

    ReplyDelete