Thursday, November 18, 2010

Vogue 1172 - I'd better get moving

The party is next Friday 26 Nov.  I've been sailing along doing other things and suddenly I realised I havent even touched it for ages!   Oops.

Today I completed the bodice and took some woeful pix


So now I have to :
Make the skirt
attach the skirt
put in the zip
fit the waist stay
hem
Then I get to stress again and make the petticoat.

I can definitely finish it this weekend if I totally neglect my family.  Easy.

lore
x

But that was all at lunch time and look at where I'm at now !
I'm pinching it together because the zip's not in yet.  And I'm headless because I think this dress deserves a decent face and hair.

I'm so thrilled.  Its looking unreal.

lx

8 comments:

  1. You will be the belle of the ball H. It's looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Looks sooo beautiful! really similar to a dress I saw Scarlett Johansen wearing! Would love to know where you got the fabric! I've been scouring for that colour purple for a while!
    Stevie (beebeesvintagedress)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to disappoint but it was an op shop find. Heaven knows how old or where it came from.
    lore

    ReplyDelete
  4. That colour is divine. Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhh, I want it. You will look fantastic in this.

    ReplyDelete