Monday, June 20, 2011

Butterick 5032 in black satin and a cute bag

Hi everyone, (if there's anyone still there after my long absence)

Nothing much to report from the past month - tons of crochet but no sewing whatsoever, but that all changed this weekend !


I've been lucky enough to score red carpet night tickets to the musical Hairspray and I have to frock up.   So I thought seeing as there's not much time - um its this thursday night - I'd whip up a tried and true.


I've made this twice before here and here.  


Current status is finished but for side zip/seam and hem.

But what to make in the way of the old bag department?   There are drinks beforehand and really, if one has a glass of champagne in one hand and a black satin clutch purse in the other, how does one juggle possession so as to dive for the goats cheese tarts that come past?   There's only one thing for it, I must have a dangly purse.

Again, I didnt want to invent the wheel so I thought I'd pick up a tutorial off the web.  I do like this simple bag on Martha Stewart of all places!   So I went with this. 

But oh, the rigmarole of the pattern: too complicated by far!  I just wanted to sew it all the way around and then turn it inside out.  So that's what I did.   I used the tutorial by at Stitchywitch at Green Apples.  I mean its the same concept as a sleeveless dress.  Just one handle is longer.  And it worked perfectly.  Here's my toile:




I'm thinking when my daughter sees this tomorrow she's going to beg me to give it to her!    That's ok, I'm making a flashy satin one for me.


Cheers and gee its nice to be back.  Hopefully this kick starts me into more sewing.

lore
x

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo, H is back. I've missed you.
    A

    ReplyDelete