Saturday, June 25, 2011

Craft fair and crochet heaven

Attended the annual Craft Fair in Sydney yesterday.  Came away completely underwhelmed.  Usually I come back brimming with enthusiasm and creative juices.   It was all very same same and I just couldnt get excited.

I did love this quilt from the display section (and particularly the tassles around the edges) too gorgeous.
I did love this one too, the optical illusion effect is great.
Got a lot more excited about the beautiful wool.   I bought 6 balls from Bendigo Mills - they're 8 ply (worsted?) and cost $11.50 each.  200g balls -   so plenty to be created from them
I can't wait to get started because ... drum roll ... my crochet books finally arrived from USA.   I bought them about a month ago on the recommendation of Completely Cauchy (whose name I don't know), who does the most unreal colourful crochet, and I thought well if she likes them, I know I will too!!   And I do !

I've already tinkered with 3 blocks


I'm loving the hexagon most and think I'll make a blanket up with a bunch of them using my new wools.   Its a super easy block to make.   I love love love the symbol diagrams in the book, so much better to just look at the images to see where you are and what you have to do.   I wish Jan Eaton would use them in her books.  At a glance you've totally nailed it because you can see where you are in relation to the other stitches.  Unlike rows and rows of dc in next 3ch etc.   I'm pretty visual I think.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up Completely Couchy !   And just watch this blanket grow!

lore
x

3 comments:

  1. Your crocheting looks really good - great colours. Funny about the show yesterday. Probably because Susan and I haven't been for sooooooo long, we enjoyed our afternoon there. I think the difference for me this year was that I actually had a project in mind when I went and was looking for ideas. Usually I go with nothing in mind and come away having spent a small fortune. I got 2 balls of wool from the same shop as you for my fingerless gloves, and I bought a Christmas pattern. See you Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i can't wait to see what you do with the crochet! such fun books with innovative approaches.

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we want updates, we want updates!!!!
    J

    ReplyDelete