Sunday, October 4, 2009

Baby quilt

This project grew out of a 3 pack of charm squares.  They turned out to be a bad investment, they were cheap at, I think, $4 for each bundle of 40 charms.   I made the disappearing nine patch but the fabric was so stretchy and 'strandy' that the end result was a dog's breakfast.

Enter a little creative appliqueing and lots of sewing reinforcement.

I think I managed to save the day and its a present for a baby whose mum is very earth mother so would prefer something a little homespun rather than perfection, so perhaps all's well that ends well.

But the moral of the story is to only buy good quality fabric.  Cheap = cheap !

No comments:

Post a Comment