Sunday, January 10, 2010

Enough sewing... lets bake biscuits, ahem, cookies


Vegan cookies that is...


My favourite cupcake book of all time has been joined by a cookie book: Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar.  So I'm going to turn all yankee and call 'em cookies for this post.

Anyway,  I already had picked out Mexican Chocolate Snickerdoodles to make 'cos they sound unreal.  But Daughter2 chose NYC cookies.  The picture looked like a Neenish Tart and I thought - OH NO I hate them!  But thankfully it just looked like one.


Its some little flat pancake of a biscuit with icing on the back.
OMG they smells so good.  This is the three stages of biscuit [can't help myself!] making: dough on the tray/ finished baking / flipped to cool.

  And the book has been christened with my first annotation.   

Time for icing.  But thanks to impatience and stupidity - it's too thick.  And far too sweet.   Another annotation required.


And as ever, kids get off on baking. 
Verdict:  Yum.

Hubs enjoying one with a coffee.  And Slinky eyeing off the activity wondering if its anything she'd like.  Alas, no.

So if you fancy some great bikkies away from the norm, and with the added bonus of being dairy free and animal friendly, come to my house!   I'll invite you to share a cuppa and an NYC black and white cookie.

Stay tuned for the snickerdoodles...

1 comment: